Morgan and Kit’s boho industrial wedding at Main Street Ballroom, an Ellicott City wedding venue, was honestly one of my ALL TIME favorites. I’ve been creating artful and authentic imagery with madly in love couples for almost 10 years now! Morgan and Kit have been following my work since the very beginning. I recently made an instagram reel featuring some of my early work if you’re interested in what I was making in 2012 . I was so stoked when I saw their inquiry land in my inbox! It was a true honor that they chose me to capture their love story that is 10+ years in the making.
YES that’s right! Morgan and Kit have been together for over 10 years!
They started dating during high school! Kit was a tennis player and Morgan showed up to watch the game. They both remember the first time they saw each other, but they did not speak until eventually a mutual friend put them in contact half a year later. On October 3rd, 2009 they met up at a Homecoming dance and they’ve been inseparable ever since. After high school, they followed their hearts to UMBC – Kit pursued his passion for engineering and Morgan, a degree in graphic design (where she met me!). Eventually, they both graduated and moved into a home in White Marsh and rescued a retired racing greyhound named Casey (who helped them get ready for their day!).
How did their day go!?
- Morgan and Kit started their day at their Ellicott City wedding venue getting ready with their pup.
- They had the most emotion-filled first look that left me feeling all the feels.
- We then traveled to my favorite portrait location in Ellicott City, the Female Patapsco Institute.
- Lucky Penny Floral totally nailed Morgan’s boho modern vision.
- After portraits, Morgan and Kit relaxed a bit before their ceremony. It’s so important to create downtime in your timeline!
- Morgan and Kit made things official during their sweet ceremony at Main Street Ballroom.
- SO. MANY. HUGS.
- We adventured to the Trolley Trail for sunset portraits!
- Morgan and Kit entered into their reception and Deana, Morgan’s maid of honor, sang their first dance song. Sidebar: I got to capture Deana marry her boo John earlier in the year!
- They were showered with kind words during toasts.
- Morgan and Kit caught up with loved ones and let loose on the dance floor!
- Their family and friends said goodbye with a sparkler exit outside of their Ellicott City wedding venue!
I can’t stress enough how much of an honor it was to document Morgan and Kit’s day! Check out their wedding story below!
Your Narrative blog will appear here, click preview to see it live.
For any issues click here
Thank you to the vendors who made Morgan and Kit’s day at Main Street Ballroom possible!
Styled by Deana (one of my past brides! She is amazing friends!)
Makeup by Crista
Photography: Kate Ann Photography
Venue: Main Street Ballroom (one of my favorite Ellicott City wedding venues!)
Portrait Venue: Female Patapsco Institute
Lucky Penny (DANG did you see Morgan’s dreamy boho bouquet!?)
Martina Liana, K&B Bridal
Sugar Bakers Cake
Bartender: Black Label Bar LLC with Babe the Bar Camper
I love capturing authentic, meaningful moments (all the belly laughs and happy tears) and creating natural, artful portraits that celebrate the true connection you and your partner share. I’m here to be your friend and guide throughout the wedding planning journey. I’m based in Maryland, but have travelled all over. I’ve photographed over 200 weddings and elopements and want to share everything I’ve learned with you! I’d love to read your story in my inbox!
I photographed my first portrait session in 2009, my first wedding in 2011, and have been photographing full time since 2014. I am in a position to help other photographers grow their business and master their craft. Ready to book your dream client and make images you’re truly proud of!? If you’re interested in a mentoring session send me a note!